Wednesday, November 30, 2005
Tuesday, November 29, 2005
1. Confirm and finalize venue for Margaux's 1st bday--->DONE!
2. Finalize bday theme for Margaux--->DONE!
4. Cauterization of Warts--->DONE!
5. Facial Cleaning--->DONE!
6. Visit OB for Pap Smear
7. Start Christmas Shopping--->IN PROGRESS!
8. Go to Divisoria to check loots for Margaux's bday
9. Spa Appointment- for body scrubbing
10. Attend hairstyling class
11. Have trial session in Little Gym, Gymboree, Tumbletots for Margaux
12. Scrapbooking --> haven't finished her baptism scrapbook and her monthly scrapbook!
---> IN PROGRESS!
13. Learn how to make photo mosaic
14. Pictorial Session for Margaux with Child's Play--->DONE!
15. Buy Christmas cards for sending to friends, relatives abroad
16. Play Badminton
18. Diet, diet, diet ---> eto ang pinakamahirap sa lahat kaya ihuhuli ko na lang!
Posted by Jody at 11/29/2005 01:44:00 PM
Twenty things that change when you have a baby
By Rebecca Woolf
What changes when you have a baby? A better question may be: What doesn't change? Read mom Rebecca Woolf's list of post-baby differences
1. You look at your baby in the mirror instead of yourself. --->Jody says: I like so much this one!
2. You finally stop to smell the roses, because your baby is in your arms.
3. Where you once believed you were fearless, you now find yourself afraid.
4. You're less self-involved and more self-motivated.
5. The sacrifices you thought you made to have a child no longer seem like sacrifices.
6. You respect your body ... finally. (Hooray for baby-making!)
7. You have stronger opinions and are stronger willed.
8. You respect your parents and love them in a new way. (Hooray for grandparents!)
9. You find that your baby's pain feels much worse than your own.---> Jody says: AMEN!
10. You believe once again in the things you believed in as a child. (Hooray for the tooth fairy!)
11. You lose touch with the people in your life that you should have banished years ago.
12. Your heart breaks much more easily.
13. You think of your baby 234,836,178,976 times a day. In fact, you're so busy with this that you forget everything else. ---> Jody says: Very, very true!
14. Every day is a surprise. ---> Jody says: It's an exciting world!
15. Bodily functions are no longer repulsive. In fact, they please you. (Hooray for poop!)
16. You think before you speak.
17. You become a morning person. (Hooray for watching the sun rise!) --->Jody says: This is the biggest change in me! I can now wake up as early as 5am!
18. If you have a son, you no longer curse men. (Hooray for all men!)
19. If you have a daughter, you hope she won't endure your same heartaches.
20. Your love becomes limitless, a superhuman power.
Mommies, did you notice these changes in you too? :-) :-) :-)
Posted by Jody at 11/29/2005 01:11:00 PM
We already went out of the hospital last friday night. We stayed there from Tuesday afternoon till Friday so almost 4 days din. Margaux had to be admitted because of pneumonisis, 1st stage of pneumonia daw yun. Her respiratory rate when we went to pedia was at 65 already. Dapat for her age around 35-40 lang. Ibig sabihin nun, hirap na syang huminga. Kaya her pedia advised us na for admittance na sya cause she can't take any chances daw.
On our way to the hospital, parang i have a feeling na ma-admit na nga sya. Monday night kasi, she really had bad coughs as in every 30mins. But she was still very playful naman so kala ko rin ok na. I was the one lang who brought her with the yaya kasi si Dicky was on a meeting in Makati. Color coding pa kami kaya we went to pedia around after lunch para pasok sa window ng walang coding. Usapan namin ni Dicky, susunod sya sa Med City. Ayun nga, sabi ni pedia, dalhin namin sya sa emergency room. She was suctioned through the nose para lumabas ang phlegm. Hay, di ko ma-take ito! I have to go out of the room and sabi ko na lang sa resident doctor to be gentle to my baby. She cried a lot. Namaga na ang mata sa kakaiyak.
Tapos, yung IV naman. We wanted sana sa paa na lang ilagay kasi she thumb sucks nga. Pero both feet walang nakita, kaya sa left hand din nailagay. Syempre, mega iyak na naman sya. This time, it was dicky who was holding her. It pains me so much to see her in pain. Grabe talaga ang feeling. Feeling of awa talaga kay Margaux cause she has to go through it. My feeling was like questioning kung bakit mukhang sakitin ang anak ko. What could be the problem? Pedia said na medyo mahina nga ang respiratory ni Margaux. So kung di maagapan, could lead to asthma. May pinagmanahan ata kay Dicky eh. Dicky was asthmatic kasi when he was a kid. Who would believe ano, sa laki nyang yan ngayon? But until 10yrs old, he has asthma pero na-outgrow na din nya. We are considering to have her vaccined for IPD, pneumococcal vaccine. Ito yung bagong commercial sa TV, which is good ata para sa mga case ni margaux who is prone to pneumonia.
Right now, she's better naman. She plays a lot na rin. Although nalungkot ako ng sobra kasi namayat din sya. Thank you for all those who texted, emailed us. Maraming salamat talaga. I needed that on those times. It was very comforting. Thank you very much for all your prayers.
Posted by Jody at 11/29/2005 12:35:00 PM
Wednesday, November 16, 2005
Yes, I am still very much in love with this man...
He is my daily dose of sanity and my daily breakfast to live my life beautifully...Dicky and my daughter Margaux makes my life complete.
I was cleaning up the junk files in my computer when I came across a letter...a letter I wrote and gave to my husband over a month before my delivery. I want to be sentimental about it. It's so good to reminisce.
February 24, 2005
Being pregnant is a time of such anticipation, optimism and dreaming…of fear and insecurity and even self-doubt. I have felt all of these in the course of my pregnancy. At first, the joy of finally having our gift after more than two years of waiting made me feel so blessed. Until now that I am close to the final track, I almost can’t believe that I am capable of making one and carrying a life in my womb.
It is an extraordinary experience to go through all this pregnancy business. And nothing can be more rewarding than the very support of all the people around you, most especially from someone who was part of all this conspiracy (hehehe)…your husband.
Babes, I want to express my wholehearted gratitude to you for all the encouragement, support and pampering you have been extending to me the moment you learned that we are pregnant up to this very time. A lot of things are going into my mind but you were there always to keep me sane. I know that all these experiences and confusions are also very new to you but I’m glad we are together on this matter.
Thank you for regularly accompanying me to my doctor’s checkups. It makes me feel secured and just be excited on every visit rather than focus on how much weight I have already gained and if I would ever go back to my normal size! (huhuhu)
Thank you for attending the childbirth class with me. Although I know that it is something very strange for you initially, still my persistence proves to be effective for you. I hope the classes made you see the beauty of being part of your wife’s delivery time even if it takes you to clamp and cut our baby Margaux’s umbilical cord. Baby, you can do it. Talking about my persistence right?
I appreciate you being open to the idea of being with me through my labor pains up until we can hold Margaux in our arms already. Have I convinced you about it? Not to put pressure but I want you to let me know ahead of time if you can withstand the pain that I will go through. Of course, I want you to be comfortable as well during those times and not be annoyed for being part of it. Don’t worry, I promise not to shout on you whenever a contraction strikes! But I would still count on your PATIENCE on me. That is one virtue I appreciate mostly from you.
Thank you for being a good provider for me and of course for our coming baby. I know how much you are striving hard to ensure our family’s future and to just provide the best. You are such a responsible man and that is something I really look up to you. I know you have problems/concerns in the office but you are not letting it get in the way or even make me worry about it. I want you to know that I value each day that you go to office and all your hardships. Will always be there for you to support you and I’m proud for what you have become already in your current state. Now, it isn’t just me who will be there for you always, supporting you to take more leaps and conquer more worlds, our daughter will also cheer to you: “Go, go to the Best Dad in the World!”
Now that I am coming into the homestretch, each day requires a lot of endurance as I finally wait to end this maternity marathon. I sometimes feel guilty that I haven’t been taking care of you lately, sorry not just lately but since I got this big ball in my stomach. I am so preoccupied with the things to prepare for the baby not only materially but also physically and most importantly emotionally.
I would like to take this time to apologize for the times I have not been a good wife to you. I haven’t been sensitive to your needs nor have I been thoughtful and sweet lately. I always want to take the prime seat and would always want to be pampered. I didn’t realize that I also have some obligations to you as your wife and as your partner in life.
You talking to Margaux every morning and evening makes us bond as a family. I can now feel that we are a FAMILY! I can’t wait to hold our daughter in our arms as we play with her. I’m sure she would be our angel.
When the time comes that Margaux is beside us already, please don’t feel insecure just in case I would sometimes neglect you. It isn’t intentional. I would appreciate you constantly reminding me to take care of you as well. And if sometime, I feel so stressed and harassed already with the demands of motherhood, a big hug from you will do. I may not be perfect but knowing that I have you beside me, supporting and appreciating me even in my mistakes would be a perfect compliment already.
I am looking forward for our future life together now that we will have our 1st born already. I am sure we would still want to have another one or more children, depends on what the Lord will provide. It makes me anticipate of more good times together as a family.
Life is really so sweet especially with you. I thank the Lord everyday for bringing us into each other’s life.
I love you so much daddy babes!
Posted by Jody at 11/16/2005 05:46:00 PM
Then poured in the pan...
Preparing the chocolate frost over low heat...
After 30 minutes of baking over 350 degree celsius...
Now, with frosting on top...
After all, a slice of chocolate cake can make my day! Yummie...
Posted by Jody at 11/16/2005 04:33:00 PM
Monday, November 07, 2005
I was tagged by Leah (thanks for introducing it to me). I don't know what it is but been reading about it to some of my blogmates.
Let me try it...
here are twenty random facts about ME:
1. I married the right guy and we are still very happy together.
2. I'm a mom to a beautiful baby named Margarita Frances (Margaux).
3. I'm a stress freak.
4. I'm a bag shopaholic. I have more than 50 different kinds of bags.
5. I love my Magic Mic.
6. I have lots of work currently.
7. I want to have a laptop.
8. I love travelling.
9. I don't want to exercise but I want to trim down my excess fats.
10. I joined beauty pageants when I was in grade school and high school, bet you, I always bagged a prize!
11. I believed in Santa Claus until I was 10.
12. I don't fit in my wedding gown anymore.
13. I only learned how to swim about 5years ago, when I enrolled in Lozada swimming class.
14. I know how to drive, been driving for 7years now.
15. I love pasta.
16. I have keloidal skin.
17. I want to try being a make-up artist as a career.
18. I love and enjoy my work.
19. I sleep late at night. Earliest at 12mn.
20. I enjoy blogging.
Next to tag is Ana, Tina and April.
Posted by Jody at 11/07/2005 02:57:00 PM