ss_blog_claim=ec0ff531faf6dbf9135ebb9e3f30a73d ss_blog_claim=ec0ff531faf6dbf9135ebb9e3f30a73d

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The California Trip...(1st Part)

I still have a hang-over from our 3-weeks vacation in California last August 4-26. It was one great grand vacation for our family. Wouldn't trade off the experience even if it was a hurried and tiring escapade. Allow me to recount the details on this blog...(and oh, these is just the 1st part...)

Aug 4 at 1130pm when we left NAIA terminal 2. We were in the airport around 630pm in time for the 3-hour in advance flight of 10pm. But as usual, PAL is always late. Margaux was already sleeping when the plane took off.

Waiting in line to check in our luggages.

It took us almost 2 hours to get through the check-in and all those security measures being implemented in the airport. Afterwhich, Margaux enjoyed running around the boarding area. In fact, we noticed how happy she was that time and so because of exhaustion, she vomitted! Good thing we were not boarding yet and I had some spare clothes in the carry on luggage. Hay, sayang her terno outfit!

We have boarded the plane but still waiting for the plane to take off, which actually happens after an hour and a half!!! That made Margaux sleep already.

Since we left Manila late, we also arrived in Tom Bradley Airport (LAX Airport) almost 2 hours late. Our ETA was 745pm but we arrived at 930pm. Long cues in immigration awaited us that took us another hour to claim our luggages and meet Dennis (youngest brother of Dicky). We travelled another an hour to get to Riverside where we stayed for the night. This is the place of Ate Lyn and Kuya Peter which they are selling already.

We barely slept that night as Margaux had a hard time adjusting her body clock. We were up until 4am playing with Margaux. 730am when we woke up in preparation for our first itinerary...VIVA LAS VEGAS! We were so excited also about this 5-hour trip. We wanted to hit the road early so we can arrive there in Treasure Island (our hotel in Vegas) in time for check-in. Dennis rented a nice Toyota Van so it was so convenient for us. Thanks to Ate Lyn for providing the carseat and umbroller for Margaux.

We had a blast in Las Vegas from August 5-7. There were lots of people since it was summer break that time. Margaux was not fond of riding the umbroller the first day. We had to explain to her and show her that other kids were riding it so she will agree. That was the hard part of the trip since we have to go from one hotel to another.

My favorites...

the awesome fountain show infront of Bellagio Hotel.

the magnificent facade of Ceasar's Palace.

Monday, August 7 when we checked out from our hotel. We had our yummie buffet lunch at Luxor Hotel and proceeded to Las Vegas Premium Outlets. It was so hot that day but nothing can stop us to enjoy shopping. I got new pairs of shoes for Margaux. I got excited when I saw that there's Stride Rite Outlet there. We finished shopping late afternoon, enough time for us to travel back to Riverside. We stayed for another night there.

Tuesday morning, August 8, when we travelled going to Temecula, California already. It was our first time to see the house of Ate Lyn and Kuya Peter. It was so beautiful. Dicky and I were joking that we don't want to go back to the Philippines anymore, instead stay there na lang for good. Ate Lyn and Kuya Peter were generously offering their place.

Margaux enjoyed playing in their big backyard.

That same day, Kuya Peter and Dicky enjoyed playing in the driving range of Redhawk, the golf and country club near their village, while Ate Lyn, Margaux and I waited for them in the club.

We went shopping to Costco afterwards. I love Costco! There's a lot of things to buy there. The day after, we also went to Temecula Mall. I enjoyed shopping in Bath and Body Works. While Margaux enjoyed her time in the play area.

August 10, Thursday is our domestic flight to San Francisco. We took the Ontario airport which is just about 30 minutes away from Riverside so we stayed there the night before. It was the exact day when the liquids and gels are not allowed in carry on luggages. And security level in all US airports were heightened. Good thing i had presciptions with me for the medicines of Margaux. I was worried for this flight because of our last experience on the place with Margaux but Dicky was just so good in entertaining her and we survived it.

Ms Sherry's family (former boss of Dicky) fetched us in the airport. She wasn't there cause that was the same day that she has to go to Denver for work. We couldn't thank her enough for the generosity she and her family extended to us during our stay in SFO. We enjoyed the company of her kids and husband, Ronnie. Coming from the airport, we ate in a Chinese Restaurant nearby and headed to the must-see places in SFO. Oh, and I love the weather there!

We walked up to the middle of Golden Gate Bridge.

Can't believe we were there! Finally saw it before my eyes and not just in pictures and movies! (OA ano?)

We enjoyed our late afternoon here...Fisherman's Wharf!

Eating the super yummie...clam chowder!

We were actually dropped off in our Hotel-Marriott San Francisco at around 8pm already. We had a good night stay that evening in preparation for my events the following day.

Next day, August 11 is the time for me to set-up for the bridal fair. I was suprised to realize that the venue of the fair was just a building away from where we were staying, Marriott San Francisco. It was so convenient! I also attended the cocktails that happened that night. Dicky and Margaux had to walk with me going to Bayanihan Community Center, where the cocktails took place and we enjoyed strolling around downtown SFO.

The bridal fair run for 2 days (saturday-sunday). While I was in the fair, Dicky and Margaux enjoyed walking around the city and playing in Yerba Buena Gardens which was just across the fair venue. They also visited me once in a while in the fair.

And oh, we had a sumptuous lunch at Bucca de Beppo on a Saturday courtesy of Mickee! Super yummie the food. Margaux and Kail met also the first time...

That Saturday evening, Ms. Sherry and her family again picked us up in our hotel to go to Pacifica. This is one of our most memorable experiences. We were actually in the shores of Pacific Ocean. It was so cold....can't barely stand being outside for a long time.

It's freezing cold here...

Dicky's feet got numb after dipping it into the water...

Look at Margaux's face!

The wind blew us out!...with the family of Ms. Sherry!

And then we ate in the famous and expensive Cliff House! (where famous personalities and celebrities dine in)

We were brought back to the hotel almost 11pm already. Still have another day for the bridal fair.

What's good about the entire trip was that it was summer in California that time so at 730pm, the sun was still up. Sunset begins around 8-830pm already.

This was a recount of our first 9 days in the California...there's more to tell...will post the 2nd part soon.


Mickee said...

I didn't notice may photo pala si Kail dito. Cute how his hand is at Margaux's shoulder... ;)