ss_blog_claim=ec0ff531faf6dbf9135ebb9e3f30a73d ss_blog_claim=ec0ff531faf6dbf9135ebb9e3f30a73d

Monday, July 16, 2007

The June that was...

Ok, this is also an overdue posting...

But I realized I should not let this month of July passed without recounting what happened last month. I know I'm a slacker with my blogs recently...but I'm trying...really trying...

To start it off, June is a very important month for us, not to mention that is also an expensive month for us. Why? Dicky and I are both June bday celebrants...

June 1 - I turned 30 years old! Boy, this was how it feels to be 30! I suddenly felt so "young" hehehe. Realizing that it would only be a year and my age will be gone from roman calendar, made me recount all the blessings I had, I have since then. I can only say that Life is pretty good, and I owe everything to the One up there.

Bday Party Celebration? Didn't have this year, although I was planning before but just decided eventually not to push through, instead throw a suprise bday party for Dicky, which I posted already last time. Besides, I had a wedding exactly during my birthday. It was my first time to accept a wedding falling exactly on the day. I really didn't mind at all since the couple was very nice to me. They even gave me a gift! I have yet to post it in the other blog. I was even greeted by the groom during his thank you speech infront of all their guests. It made their appreciation to my work so special.

On that weekend of my bday, I had a blast as Dicky gave me "shopping money." Isn't this a wife's most precious gift? And he even accompanied me while shopping! And the best part of it all, there's the finale...wrapped in a small square box...a watch! Oh, can't thank him enough!

But of course, I also have an advance gift for him...I booked a travel to Puerto Princesa, Palawan last June 10-13. It was actually my anniversary and bday gift for him, (actually, a vacation gift also for myself). I booked it through PALAKBAYAN of Philippine Airlines without Dicky knowing. I just blocked the date and told him about it after I have paid for it. He hadn't had much choice as I requested him to take a leave from his office.

The Palawan trip was superb. It was a time-off from the kids. We enjoyed ourselves being on our own. I really believe on this one, that it is not at all bad to leave the kids behind (considering there is someone reliable to leave the kids, like in our case, my mom) for some quick getaway to rekindle some moments with each other.

It was a great vacation. It was an early morning flight so we were in Puerto Princesa as early as 930am. Palawan opened up the adventurer side of us. We stayed at Legend Hotel. We had a tour of the city on our first day. We went to Iwahig Penal Farm, Crocodile Farm, Baker's Hill, Mitra's Ranch, Butterfly Pavilion. On our second day, Dicky and I particularly loved the snorkelling in Honda Bay islands. I love the fish feeding. We were guided by our boatman so he directed us to nice spots of corals and schools of fishes. It was entirely a different experience down there. I would definitely want to repeat it. On our third day, the Underground River was also a different adventure. It was a 45-minutes ride in a paddle boat. We were priveledged to be guided by the popular boatman there, Mang Totong, who was interviewed by Discovery Channel. He was the usual boatman being asked by the foreigners. I hope next time, we can bring the kids when they are bigger. At a toddler age, they may not enjoy the demand of the place to become adventurer. For kids, I bet boracay will be a better choice. But I'm still convincing Dicky to try the other parts of Palawan, esp El Nido and Coron. The province has such a vast land area and there are some more places to explore. Hope we can try the others next time!

Click here for our pictures in Puerto Princesa, Palawan.

Some of my favorites...
During our day tour...(Iwahig Penal Farm, Baker's Hill)

Dining at "Kalui" restaurant
At the underground river...


Overlooking deck of Honday Bay Islands


Limestones at the back...

0 comments: